Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

stucco

Visiting Guest

03-08-04, 11:41 AM   #1  
skratka
stucco

There is old stucco on the bottom 4feet of my house to cover the exposed foundation. The stucco which, just looks like smeared grey concrete, is cracked and peeling off.

What is invloved in scraping off the old and the applying new covering? I would like to do it myself but might not if it invloves big mixers/ multiple coats and may be a huge job.

This covering looks different than the beautiful colored stucco that people put on their whole house and am hoping is easier to apply.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-08-04, 03:36 PM   #2  
boardslinger
Skratka, this is a big job. You would more than likely want to call a plastering co. The best way would be to take a sledge to it. But be careful. Good Luck.

Visiting Guest

03-08-04, 08:17 PM   #3  
skratka
stucco

Boardslinger,

Taking off the old stucco would be the easy part as it is already half off. I imagine I could clean the exposed concrete form with wire brush and/or powerwash.

What is involved with applying the new concrete covering. It is just to cover and protect the foundation and looks like grey concrete smeared on.

Search this Thread