Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can I Remove This Wall?

Visiting Guest

03-13-04, 12:06 PM   #1  
robgold
Can I Remove This Wall?

I am purchasing an apartment with the attached floorplan. I would like to remove the half-wall between the living room and the dining room, but do not know if it is a load bearing wall. My uneducated guess is that it is not, since it does not extend the length of the apartment, but I would really appreciate some advice. Can anyone tell me the likelikood that the wall cannot be removed? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-13-04, 12:17 PM   #2  
robgold
I tried attaching the floorplan as a jpeg file, but it did not go through. Anyone know how this is done?

03-13-04, 07:59 PM   #3  
I've read the pic upload for this site is disabled.... upload to a photo host and post the link...

MO

03-14-04, 05:40 AM   #4  
Stephen is right, you can't upload pics onto this site. As he suggested go to a photo hosting site & post your pics there, then you can post a link to your photos here. The one I use is www.snapfish.com, it's free & very easy to use. Without seeing the plans, it's impossible to say whether this is a loadbearing wall or not. But just because the wall doesn't run the entire length of the apartment doesn't necessarily mean that it's just a partition wall.

Visiting Guest

03-14-04, 10:51 AM   #5  
robgold
Link added...Can I Remove This Wall?

Thanks for the info about the attachment. Below this message is a link to the floorplan for an apartment in NYC I am planning to purchase (contract out).
I would really like to remove the half-wall extending from the kitchen that separates the living room from the dining room. The apartment is on the fifth floor of a 30 floor highrise built in 2001. The condo board will probably not give me permission to do anything to the wall if it is structural in nature. Anyone out there have any educated guesses as to whether it is load bearing/structural?? Thanks alot!

Floorplan

MO

03-14-04, 06:52 PM   #6  
Tried to look at you floorplans, got to the hosting site, but apparently you need to make the images available for public viewing. Got this sceen;

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.
Thank you.

My better half tells me that you need to make the albums these are published in public, should be instructions on their site to do this.

Visiting Guest

03-14-04, 07:19 PM   #7  
robgold
Link added...Can I Remove This Wall?

OK, let's see if this link works...

Floorplan

03-15-04, 07:35 PM   #8  
Robert

Same error..

two options:

try it again, first delete your cookies to test it...Most likely thier server is giving you access as your cookied in so your gaining access whether you sign in or not.

or

post the pic on an account intended for diy viewing and mail the user name and password.

Search this Thread