Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Arggg - bubbles in wallboard tape...

MD

04-12-04, 06:18 PM   #1  
Arggg - bubbles in wallboard tape...

After hanging drywall yesterday, I thought I was being careful, but this is my first try at this job, so mistakes can and will happen with me. Anyhow, I did some reading on the web and laid down some joint compound on joints, scraped off a bit (probably too much in a couple of places) and put down paper tape. I then did another layer of joint compound & left it for 24 hours.

Today I see a few bubbles, a couple are kinda large. Any ideas on what to do? Slit them & recompound? Try to sand it down & reapply?

Thanks (a more careful job the next time, for sure!).

Sponsored Links

KS

04-13-04, 06:07 AM   #2  
Cut the blister away. re tape if necessary. If its an inch don't worry about it. Did you pre fill any gaps bigger than 1/8" before tape? Also did you let the tape mud set up before putting on the first coat?

MD

04-13-04, 07:05 AM   #3  
Thanks for the reply. I have three offending areas, 2 of which are under an inch. The third is maybe 3" x 1/2". I used a pre-mixed joint compound and no, I didn't let it set before applying the tape. I applied the jc & then laid the tape right over it.

KS

04-13-04, 02:04 PM   #4  
Sometimes when you put a coat of mud on right away after tape and the tape went over a gap then when it dries it shrinks and leaves a blister.

Search this Thread