Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Nail heads in drywall and rust

Visiting Guest

06-02-04, 05:05 PM   #1  
scotted
Nail heads in drywall and rust

I have noticed that I have nail pops in the house and the nail heads have some rust on them. I has also noticed in the garage that lots of the nail heads that are not completely covered with drywall compund are also rusty. I'm not so concerned about the garage but is it common to have nail heads in the drywall inside the home to have a bit of rust on the nail head. I have drywall screws but there is no rust on them at all.

Sponsored Links

KS

06-02-04, 07:24 PM   #2  
I wouldn't be too concerned. Nails pop. Always have and always will. Drywall nails aren't coated or galvanized so any type of moisture will make them rust. Probably pretty humid where you live. To fix the nail pops, remove nail, cut away any loose material, put a screw near the old nail hole, cover with mud until flush and sand.

Visiting Guest

06-03-04, 04:51 AM   #3  
scotted
Nails

Thanks for the information. We live in Ottawa Canada and we are considering getting an HRV to have better air ventilation in our home. The home is 5 years old however it is VERY tightly sealed and we often get moisture build up on the windows during the VERY cold winter months.

Search this Thread