Wallpaper board???

Old 07-09-04, 12:47 PM
a4pimp
Visiting Guest
Wallpaper board???

Hello,

I am needing some help on what to do. My mother in law just bought a house that was built in the 50's but appartenly was remodeled already once(based on the horrid colors, i would say in the 70's.... The kitchen has some type of wallpaper board on it. It's not like the kind in mobile homes in the fact that it does not use regular batten strips to cover the joints where the sheets come together. There are actually plastic joints with grooves on each side that the panels slide into and are held in place. These plastic joints and the wallboard are factory papered. The panels also have paneling nails and possibly glue holding them in place. Does anyone no the exact term for this type of paneling? (because i dont know what its called, ive had a hard time researching it.)

We would like to paint it, but the texture on the wallboard does not look condusive to painting. We could wallpaper over it but we cannot remove the plastic vertical joints that hold the pieces in place. (because their flaps are actually underneath the panel on each side.) Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-04, 06:19 AM
If it isn't vinyl, it should be paintable. Any way to take a small piece to a paint store and get their advice?