Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sound Dampening panels

AR

07-16-04, 08:42 PM   #1  
Sound Dampening panels

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about building "Sound Dampening panels" I found some on the internet Pricey$$$ I am sure I am handy enough to build them. They will have to be pleasing to the eye. These are for my wifes dance school.

thanks
mechrus

Sponsored Links

07-16-04, 09:07 PM   #2  
I dunno about sound dampening PANELS really.....have seen a way to make sound proof (or mostly anyway) walls.....you build the wall ALMOST like nomal but with every other stud attached to the opposite plate(top/bottom)...then space them just enough so that any given stud doesnt touch both sheets of drywall, may take some creative attaching at the top and bottom for the "floating" ends of the studs, but they claim it works. I think I would add some insulation in there too...but it may not be necessary.

just a thought...let me know how it turns out....or if needed i can try to think of more details...it was a while back i saw that on....discovery or something

07-16-04, 09:09 PM   #3  
one other thing if you can provide the link to where you saw them that may help me/us get an idea of what ur wanting exactly

Search this Thread