Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

drywall angles

Visiting Guest

07-20-04, 02:24 PM   #1  
epic69
drywall angles

I am currently in the process of mudding a small room that has some angles that are going to be hard to fill. First off i have a wall angle that is approx 130 degrees and there is about a 3/4" gap where the one wall is out from teh other one. i should have probably run the flat wall drywall out a little bit more to cover the gap. Now i have this huge gap to cover and yet keep a nice straight edge. What is the best solution? Fill with mud and then tape? or use a premade paper trimmed metal edge?
Also I have an area under a stairwell I am mudding but where the bottom of the stairwell is meeting the vertical wall the angle is very small. how do i mud that? Just build it out so i have a flat spot to mud with a 90 angle and a smaller angle? Suggestions?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links

MO

07-24-04, 07:25 AM   #2  
Sorry to say but that area where you have the 3/4" gap is going to have to either be rehung so the sheets meet up much closer than that or else you can cut a thin strip of drywall & screw it into the gap then flat tape over it, allow to dry, sand lightly, & then tape your corner.

The spot under the stairwell, you'll propably have to just use a small drywall blade and build it up in thin layers & just do the best you can with it.

Search this Thread