Heavy Drywall Texture

Old 07-23-04, 04:42 PM
jpsolo
Visiting Guest
Heavy Drywall Texture

I had a guy texture some drywall (some new and some old that had been stripped of wallpaper). He used a "leather roller" to try and approximate a texture that's used elsewhere in the home. While it's still a little wet, the pattern looks a LOT more pronounced.

If it continues to be too heavy, is it possible to reduce the roughness by using a damp sponge on it after it is thoroughly dry? If not, is there another way to smooth it out a little?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-04, 07:31 AM
Have you tried using a regular idiot stick (drywall sanding pole) on it? You might be able to smooth it out a bit with sanding. You could also try using the damp sponge, this will polish up the texture a bit, but it may never match what you have in the rest of the house exactly.

You really have to be an expert at texturing to match existing with any real success at it.

Old 07-24-04, 03:34 PM
jpsolo
Visiting Guest
Followup

I tried a few areas using a sanding screen. It helps but tends to leave flat tops. I can round off the flat tops with a damp sponge so that may also be a solution. Someone else suggested that I got over it with a broad knife and then a damp sponge. That would probably work also. Thanks for the reply.