Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Wall/Ceiling corner help

Visiting Guest

08-20-04, 11:38 PM   #1  
BitterMo
Wall/Ceiling corner help

I'm (still) Working on a bathroom renovation. We gutted down to studs and baseboards. I have put down subfloor. Put up durock for the shower and tile floor. Now I'm putting up greenboard for the rest of the walls. Here's my question:
The house origiannly had gypsum lath with a coat of gypsum plaster on top. Well, this was a little bit thicker than my 1/2" sheetrock, and since I didn't remove teh cieling it shows a bit. So now on the two pieces of rock that I've put up, there is a gap that is from 1/8" to almost 1/4" in some places. Whats the best way to clean this up so I get a nice straight sharp corner. I really don't want crown molding in my bathroom.
Thanks
Zach

Sponsored Links

08-21-04, 08:43 AM   #2  
Depot has some drywall tape that has metal strips near where it creases in the middle. I would either caulk[latex] or mud the gap and then put the tape up.Make sure you don't push the tape up into the gap,keep a nice 90 degree angle. Finish as usual. Of course smoothe out any rough edges first.

Search this Thread