Finishing Drywall in Basement

Old 09-01-04, 01:58 PM
yvonnedono
Visiting Guest
Finishing Drywall in Basement - basic question

I put up drywall on my basement walls and now need to finish it off. (filling in seams and areas around outlets where I cut the hole too big). By the way, I really cut the hole too big around the outlets (maybe one to two inches in some places). I have no clue how to finish off. Any hints? I intend to paint afterwards.

thanx, yvonne

Last edited by yvonnedono; 09-02-04 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-04, 03:03 PM
If you've got 1"-2" gaps around the outlets, you're going to need to fill that in with a piece of drywall & then flat tape over it. Use a piece of plywood, or 1"x lumber that say about 6" long and at least an inch wider than the area that need to be filled. Hold it in place in behind the board and attach it with drywall screws. Once this is in place, you can now cut a piece of scrap drywall and screw it into place to cover the large gaps next to the outlets.

As for the rest of the finishing, read my reply in the following thread and then post back if you still have specific questions.
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=179499

Hope that helps.

Old 09-07-04, 01:24 PM
yvonnedono
Visiting Guest
Red face bad link

Hi - Thanx for your reply. I tried the link and I got an error message saying it lead to nowhere.....