Recreating Coved Ceilings

Old 10-05-04, 08:52 AM
Rachel Brune
Visiting Guest
Question Recreating Coved Ceilings

We are looking at remodeling our 1950 home, and one remodeler suggested gutting the rooms down to the studs and rebuilding the walls using drywall. He said it would be too difficult and expensive to try and patch the existing textured plaster. While I don't care too much about losing the plaster walls, I would like to keep my cove ceilings. I know I could use 1/4" drywall and bend it to recreate the coves, but I there's got to be and easier way. Does anyone know of a company called Curved Wall Company that makes curved drywall? I read about it in a recent article in an Edmonton magazine, but can't find anything on the web. I'm thinking they may have pre-formed drywall that would achieve what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-04, 12:35 PM
a long time ago I installed pre formed drywall coves. Can't remember what company makes them but they do. If you have a drywall supply house near you that would be a good place to start. Another Idea is to cut around the coves and remove the rest of the wall leaving the original coves.

Search this Thread