Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fun with kitchen "walls"

10-06-04, 12:53 PM   #1  
Fun with kitchen "walls"

Onto another question for my old house... A decade or so after the original building, someone bumped out the back and added the room which became the kitchen It's a real doozy of a room, with three doors, two doorways, one window, and a chimney/woodstove in the middle. (Sigh.) Creativity required.

Some time over the last decade or so, the previous owners knocked out two walls which also divided the room (think small partition at the back, and narrow hallway running along the front). The problem is that at the back end, a small part of the wall remains, and I was wondering why. Right now the refrigerator butts up against it (it's about the same length, coming out from the exterior wall), and I desperately want to take it out. Is there any possibility that a wall segment could be load bearing?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

KS

10-07-04, 05:12 AM   #2  
Doesn't sound like it. What are the dimentions of the wall?

10-08-04, 05:55 AM   #3  
Dimensions

Roughly (since I'm not at the house) 3 feet long, maybe 4 inches wide, and floor to ceiling.

KS

10-08-04, 06:19 AM   #4  
It sounds like it is a divider for the fridge. You can take it down.

10-08-04, 09:01 AM   #5  
Thanks

Just what I wanted to hear. Where's my sledgehammer?

Search this Thread