Adhesive removal

Old 10-18-04, 02:50 PM
erika
Visiting Guest
Adhesive removal

I removed plastic tile from the backsplash in the kitchen. The glue is not coming off. I would like to wallpaper so the wall doesn't have to be perfect. Do you have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-04, 03:51 PM
Adhesive removal

Perhaps a blow dryer or heat gun and scraper will remove glue. Perhaps you could sand it smooth enough. Install wallpaper underlayment material to assure a smooth surface and then paper. For assistance with wallpaper project, visit our Wallpaper Forum for expert advise.

Old 11-02-04, 10:27 AM
ashleyclark
Visiting Guest
same problem

I have the same problem where I had plastic tile and the adhesive on certain sections is not coming off. I would like to place beadboard over where the tile used to be, so should I bother makeing sure that the wall is sanded, etc?

Any suggestions on beadboard. My budget is tight, but I want to make my kitchen look good

Old 11-02-04, 10:42 AM
Adhesive removal

As long as walls are flat for bead board installation, sanding should not be necessary. The bead board will hide the mastic. There is paneling that is grooved to look like real bead board and it is less expensive. Unfinished 'real' bead board would be less expensive than prefinished.

On walls where wallpaper is to be installed, walls should be very smooth. Installing wallpaper underlining material can be used to achieve a very smooth surface for paper.

Search this Thread