Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page > Removing Texture/Acrylic/Laquer paint from wall

Removing Texture/Acrylic/Laquer paint from wall

Old 11-15-04, 11:00 PM
jreincke
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Removing Texture/Acrylic/Laquer paint from wall

Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me advice.

We are looking to purchase a home; this is our first.

My concern is that the great room/kitchen has this mustard color paint/textured look that we hate. The wall seems like it has been textured; it's smooth in places with a bump here and there. It almost seems like it was paper mache'd. Then the paint on top is either laquered or acrylic, I'm not sure how to tell. We want to get rid of this and we're not sure how. We'd like to take it back to the original wall, which is the normal textured bumpy wall you see in houses.

Any advice? It seems like it will take a lot of work from what I have read so far.

Thanks in advance
Julie

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-04, 05:33 AM
You should be able to scrape or sand down the texture to your liking and then repaint. You can mist down the texture to enable you to scrape it off, just water in a spray bottle, allow it to set there for a few minutes, then try scraping it off. If you're intending to repaint the area a lighter color than what is there now, I would use a coat or possibly two of good primer.

Search this Thread