Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

polycarbonate installation

12-08-04, 09:08 PM   #1  
polycarbonate installation

Hi,

my place has a loft space that my wife and i are using as a bed area.
currently the space is not fully enclosed: it just has low gyp walls as a balustrade or parapet.
now that my active baby boy has become one year old, he is trying to get wherever we would never wish him to be. we need to share our loft bedroom with him and we feel the necessary to build the enclosure of the loft space and consider polycarbonate panels as a finish material with aluminum frame or wooden frames instead of expensive/heavy weight glass planks which would cost me a bundle.

any great tips to remember when using that material for a finish?

i know my question is a bit too broad. However, i just wanted to ask if there would be anyone with some experiences in installing polycarbonate panels.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

12-11-04, 01:04 AM   #2  
Hi Noorook , - As I understand the question, -you want the panels to be a sort of safety barrier at the edge of the loft ? If this is right, I would go with 3/16 or 1/4 Lexan. Way stronger and thus safer for your baby. Lots of framing materials are available for this. You can never be too safe when kids are active.

Search this Thread