behind furniture.

mildew.

started now.

room repainted this summer.

help.

mechrus

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-04, 05:18 PM
It is not uncommon to find mildew on interior north and east walls. These tend to be the cooler walls in a home. When warm humid air settles on cool surfaces, it tends to condense. This creates a moist surface where mold and mildew can grow. Improving air circulation by moving furniture out from the wall so air can circulate behind will be helpful. Keeping humidity levels in the room between 35-55% and improving air circulation with a fan will also be helpful. Disinfect affected areas to kill mold/mildew. Keeping mildew prone surfaces sprayed with disinfectant spray also tends to keep mildew at bay.

Old 12-13-04, 08:36 AM
You didn't mention how long you've been in the home. If you've been there awhile, and never had this before, I'd investigate further. Highly unlikely that surface air in your home caused this mildew. More than likely there is moisture entering through the exterior wall that is creating the mildew.

Old 12-19-04, 12:04 PM
dereck raises a good point and definitely the situation should be checked out to insure that some sort of moisture problem has recently developed. Could also just be as twelvepole suggested, coupled with the fresh paint which possibly gives the mold/mildew a better surface to attach to. Good luck with the situation and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Merry Christmas folks! :glocke:

Old 12-28-04, 10:23 AM
K4J
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by derek
You didn't mention how long you've been in the home. If you've been there awhile, and never had this before, I'd investigate further. Highly unlikely that surface air in your home caused this mildew. More than likely there is moisture entering through the exterior wall that is creating the mildew.

Sound's interesting. I have a Black mold problem of sorts (as there is various kinds) & do not know where it's coming from, but I know where it is. I have a feeling that it's due to moisture. Our house was built in the 60's. Winter time is the worst & seeing as our window's get iced up, I believe alot of it has to do with the lack of isulation in our window's & who know's what else. However, in regards to the mold which is @ opposide ends & sides of our house, it continues to come back even after cleaning it.

This guy hitting the wall is me in frustration in regards to this situation. However, I do not like to watch him much, for it look's more painful, besides I have a headache & no not from doing what he's doing. LOL

Does anyone know anything about the various kinds of Black molds & how to tell the difference as to what kind they are. I'm affraid to get it checked, for fear of the worst. And if it is the worst, what kind of measurements need to be taken, to get rid of the mold?

K4J