Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Vinyl or steel wall covering for inside of garage

Old 12-20-04, 11:55 AM

Hi Folks-

I am wrapping up my garage and looking for alternative wall covering methods. I have seen vinyl or steel wall coverings held in place with pop rivets in restrooms (mostly in bars) and wondering if anyone could post any brand names or links. My friend also says they use vinyl in hog sheds, but he didn't know any names.

My ideal solution would be to apply this directly to the studs (NOT gluing on top of a sub layer of drywall).

Any ideas?

TIA

(sorry for any redundancy -- major buzzkill that forum search function is disabled)

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-04, 06:46 AM
Alot of folks in this area choose to use osb or plywood over the studs in their garages, material costs more, but it's more durable than drywall and anyone can hang & paint it & make it look good, drywall finishing takes more work equating to higher labor costs generally. Another product that I've seen used is called carhard siding, comes in 4'x8' sheets, but has verticle lines routered into it so it is a bit more attractive than regular osb or plywood is. Good luck & happy holidays! :glocke: