Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

How do I apply Vinyl round Corner Bead on corners?

How do I apply Vinyl round Corner Bead on corners?

Old 12-28-04, 05:23 PM
nlyady
Visiting Guest
Exclamation How do I apply Vinyl round Corner Bead on corners?

Trying to get some good instruction on a good way to apply these vinyl round corners. Do I mud over the rounded part? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Nathan

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-04, 01:00 AM
Hi Nathan - by "round" corner bead I am assuming that you are talking about bullnose style corner bead. There are three methods that can be used depending on your application:

1 - screw/nail just like you would regular 90 degree corner bead. Vinyl CB has holes in the edging to accommodate fasteners.

2 - use corner bead spray adhesive. This comes in a spray can, and is sprayed directly on the back of the corner bead. The adhesive stays pliable for a while to give you time to get the bead in position.

3 - use joint compound, just like you would with regular corner bead. A few screws should be used as well just to keep it in place.

Keep in mind that you will need to set the sheetrock back from the corners just a little to accommodate the rounded shape of the corner bead. 1/4" to 1/2" is customary, depending on the size of the corner bead.

Best wishes.

Old 12-29-04, 08:43 AM
I think the glue method is best for plastic bead. It's a contact glue so you spray it on the wall and also on the bead. No you don't mud the rounded part. Fill in the flange to where it starts to round over. Sand off any excess mud you get on the bead.