Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

nail heads popping out of sheatrock

Visiting Guest

01-04-05, 08:01 AM   #1  
scum1
nail heads popping out of sheatrock

My house is 10 years old. Just recently some nailheads started popping out of the sheatrock on the second floor. I have read that this is common but don't want to have to do major repair like driving additional nails and respackling and painting. The heads are not popping all the way out. They only make a little bubble under the paint. Any ideas on how I can pound them back in with out having to repaint. I have some of the paint left over from painting a few years ago but it looks different when I touch up now so i don't want to have to paint over 20 new spots as it will look funny.

Sponsored Links

MO

01-04-05, 08:17 AM   #2  
Not feasible, the nails will have to be redriven and I would suggest that you add a screw about an inch or so from each shiner (nail pop). Then you have to mud the areas, spot primer over them & then repaint. No way to drive those nails & not have it show without following these steps. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Search this Thread