Costs to Re-texture Drywall

Old 02-10-05, 12:33 PM
ccarson
Visiting Guest
Question Costs to Re-texture Drywall

I've recently purchased on older home that has heavy pull down texture on all walls. I'd like to modernize by having the walls re-textured to a more orange peel look.

What is a reasonable cost for re-texturing? I'm going to get bids, but I dont have any idea what would be reasonable and dont want to get ripped off.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-05, 05:03 PM
lockpicker
Visiting Guest
is there a awy you can take a picture of the room so we can see Exactly what needs to be done.

'cause it pretty muchs depends on How much work is involved in removing the Existing

Old 02-10-05, 05:16 PM
Also depends on what part of the world you're in too. Prices vary quite alot across the country and can vary within the region depending if you're in a metro area or not. I know the guys in StL & KC get alot more than I can charge out here in the sticks of MO. Also orangepeel is a haevier texture than knock-down, which is what I'm assuming you've got. You might want to think about sanding down the existing texture yourself it'll save you quite a bit on the labor.

Old 02-10-05, 05:24 PM
lockpicker
Visiting Guest
well that's very true.

Also depends on the House $$$$$ believe it or not some people pull up to a very nice house and say to themselves :::::

Oh these people can Afford it>>>>> Look at there House.......

this just happened to my sister who lives up north.

Person came by gave a very high estimate... and then NOT knowing... told a friend about what he was charging because of the Niceness of my sisters house...

BUT loll and behold the guy he told was a good friend of mine and he called me.. LMAO

soo there out there just get a Cpl estimates First before committing

Are you referring to a ceiling that resembles this on..... but Heavier?

http://img223.exs.cx/img223/7831/p10100233cr.jpg

Last edited by lockpicker; 02-10-05 at 05:44 PM.

Search this Thread