Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Decorative paint question

Visiting Guest

02-18-05, 09:29 PM   #1  
mikeybac
Decorative paint question

Hi all a newbie here....I have a couple questions i hope someone can help me with....We have a place up north that we used as a summer place only...It had a open cathedral ceiling.....The problem was that we started going there in the winter and it was so cold because the heat would just go out the roof....We then put in a ceiling and put in 10" on insulation....The original beams are a little saggy from the years and the drywall is uneven because the new joists we put up are straight and the old ones are a little bowed....I heard that the decorative paint can cover it up and will make it look even...Is that true? How hard is ut to put on decorative paint? I heard you can either blow it or roll it...Is that true? if so can you rent something to blow it with? Is it worth it to use??

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

02-19-05, 06:58 AM   #2  
chopper33
I have had a lot of luck with textured paint being able to hide imperfections. The paint has a sandlike consistancy. You need a lot of elbow grease but the finished product looks great!

Visiting Guest

02-20-05, 09:20 PM   #3  
mikeybac
How hard is it to put it on?

Search this Thread