Wallpaper Removal

Old 02-20-05, 09:16 PM
ctownrocking
Visiting Guest
Wallpaper Removal

i am removing the wallpaper from my room. although large portions of it are taken off, there is still a lot of leftover pieces all over the wall, and it seems they can only be taken off by the centimeter, because they're so difficult to remove. it seems impossible. does anyone know an easier way to get all these leftover parts off?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-05, 05:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There's a product called DIF, made by Zinsser that will help release the wallpaper glue from the wall. Are you using a paper tiger or similiar tool to score the paper, this helps the release agent get in behind the old wallpaper and make it easier to take off. Other option would be to use a wallpaper steamer to release the old paper from the wall, but it sounds like you've already got this project on the down hill run now.

I'd also recommend putting a coat of Gardz on also made by zinsser on the walls prior to repainting or hanging new wallpaper. HTH and good luck.

Old 02-21-05, 06:13 AM
handymomx3
Visiting Guest
wallpaper removal

Hi, I'm new but I'm also removing a large amount of wall paper (the whole house).
I have found that the best to use is really hot water and fabric softener. I mix this together in a sprayer, score the walls, spray, let it sit for about 15mins, and then strip away.
It smells good too.
I hope it helps for you.
M

Old 02-21-05, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The fabric softener tip does work, but when you into something that's not coming off, the DIF will work when other things didn't. Of course the best thing to do is rip out everything, update your wiring and insulation while you're in there, then hang & finish new board. However this isn't always reasonable with time & budget allowances.