Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Crown questions

Visiting Guest

02-23-05, 10:54 AM   #1  
markfh
Crown questions

I will be putting my crown moulding up dropped 4" and putting rope lights in them.

One question, what is best putting the crown up before or after texturing of the walls.

Second question, if I put them up after texturing should I scrape or otherwise remove the texture in the area where the backer will be attached to the wall.

Third, what problems would I realize doing either.

Thanks...

Sponsored Links

MO

02-24-05, 06:46 AM   #2  
Will you be able to see any of the wall after the crown and lighting is installed? I think I'm picturing the effect you're going for, and there will only be like an inch clearance from the top of the crown to the ceiling when it's done. If that's the cast what I'd do is mask off the top of the wall down to where the bottom of the crown will sit on the wall. Just us blue painter's tape and the brown masking paper on a roll for this. Then shoot your texture allow it to dry and pull the paper down and then install your crown. But alot of houses are completely textured and the crown is installed after I don't get into much trim work like that but I would use a caulk at the base of the crown to hide any gaps caused by the texture on the wall.

Search this Thread