Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Painting Problem

Visiting Guest

03-08-05, 03:22 AM   #1  
JimSummer
Painting Problem

I removed wallpaper, patchded defects in the sheetrock wall, sanded, washed down with damp clothes, and thought it looked like a perfect surface ready to be painted. I primed and then painted. Now that the paint has dried, I can see imperfections in the sheetrock that were not noticeable. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make my paint job look better.
Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links

CANADA

03-08-05, 05:18 AM   #2  
Hi
Get some drywall compound and used a trowel to applied it to the wall.

Try using satin paint on the wall you will see less of the defect on the wall.

There a difference painting a wall in daylite and household commom lite there will always be a different
cheers

pg

Visiting Guest

03-08-05, 05:35 AM   #3  
JimSummer
Thanks, PGTEK

I appreciate your suggestion. Should I do any preparation to the painted areas first or just apply the compound and sand the compund down when it down when it dries? Thanks again for your time and suggestion.

Visiting Guest

03-08-05, 10:05 PM   #4  
Ponypower
Use redi-mixed drywall topping mud for your touch up work. It will stick to the paint. Use either a 6" or 10" taping knife to cover the areas that need fixing.
Do a tight skim unless the area requires more mud. When dry, lightly sand if needed and wet sand all outside edges to feather them into the existing walls.
You will have the best results with your smooth wall finish if you apply 1 to 2 coats of High Build Drywall Sealer using a roller with a 3/8" nap. For your finish coat use either eggshell or flat enamel using a 3/8" nap roller for that also.
You can use a high gloss or satin enamel but be ready to see any defects that are still there as shiny paint is not smooth wall friendly.
Hope this helps

Visiting Guest

03-09-05, 03:02 AM   #5  
JimSummer
Thanks, PONYPOWER

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. Your reply is very helpful and I will do as you suggest when I go back to my project this morning. Thanks again.

Search this Thread