Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

Greenwall necessary behind kitchen sink?

Old 03-24-05, 10:17 AM
Ankelmacrilzac
Visiting Guest

My husband has been working extensively to re-do our kitchen and is ready to put in the cabinets and plumbing for the sink. My question is.....is greenwall necessary behind the kitchen sink? A friend told me her husband installed it when they re-did their kitchen. My husband said greenwall is only necessary in bathrooms. Also, if we don't need to install greenwall, do we need to mud and paint the drywall behind the kitchen sink? Thanks so much, in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-05, 10:24 AM
Wink

Id say no But you might check on code there where you are.
do we need to mud and paint the drywall behind the kitchen sink?
I would dont have to be a real good job. This way you dont have to come back and cut in around it.You might come back and want to change something later on also.

ED

Old 03-24-05, 10:26 AM
Ankelmacrilzac, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I do not know of a code for using greenboard in a kitchen. It is basically used for moist environments as you stated. I would mud the drywall to prevent drafts and cold air from entering. Painting would be your call. good luck with your project.

Old 03-24-05, 12:38 PM
Forget the green board. Are you tiling behind there? If it will show then of course you have to paint it. Get a good quality paint for cleanup purposes.