Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Plaster Chipping off Wall Corners

Jenafur's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

06-08-05, 08:55 AM   #1  
Plaster Chipping off Wall Corners

We have drywall in our house, and in the corners, I'm seeing the plaster chip off from the corners. Under this are metal joint strips. My question is: How do I repair this? Do I use joint tape? What do I use over the joint tape to refinish the walls? And how do I make the corners smooth and sharp?

Sponsored Links
marksr's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 42,790

06-08-05, 07:39 PM   #2  
The edge of the corner bead should have little or no mud [joint compound] on it. You apply mud over the corner bead using the edge as a guide. It may take several coats. Sand smooth and paint.

NikkiL's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 67

06-19-05, 03:07 AM   #3  
and for afterwards you could buy those clear plastic "corner guards" if you're so inclined (at HD). They just protect the corner from chipping - good if you have kids...

Search this Thread