Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tape not sticking

06-14-05, 01:35 PM   #1  
Tape not sticking

Im papering my seams at the moment and I find that after the first coat of mud the paper isnt stuck down in some places. Do you have any ideas what I can do?

Shall I rip it off and start over??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

06-14-05, 02:03 PM   #2  
You may be able to slip some mud under the tape and get it to stick. If not only remove what you need to and re tape.

06-14-05, 02:05 PM   #3  
Ok thanks, I tried that a little while ago so Im just hoping its going to dry ok. There is another piece which seems not to be sticking down the centre, and Im just going to wait for that to dry to see if its ok. Thank again

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

06-14-05, 07:23 PM   #4  
Posted By: tobja Ok thanks, I tried that a little while ago so Im just hoping its going to dry ok. There is another piece which seems not to be sticking down the centre, and Im just going to wait for that to dry to see if its ok. Thank again
If it is a corner joint it will probably be OK. If it is a flat taped joint and the paper is bulged out you will most likely need to re tape it. Like you said give it time to dry first as there is always enough work to do with out making more.

Search this Thread