Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ceiling doesn't meet wall

07-16-05, 11:07 AM   #1  
ceiling doesn't meet wall

My boyfriend and I have spent quite a bit of time and money remodeling our bathroom. we tore down almost 4 layers of wall and put up brand new green board due to us not wanting tile anymore in the tub area. we installed a tub surround, finished the floor, new toilet, new vanity and sink. now to just finish it off right?! our wall doesn't meet our ceiling. this is however a 2 part problem. 1. we knew it was coming when we took down the 3" of walls to put up new green board. 2. the ceiling is made of cedar boards. we were thinking of crown molding but we have such a huge gap (2" at the worst part) that we have yet to find reasonably priced crown molding. is there another alternative to covering this up? pease help!!

Sponsored Links

OH

07-17-05, 04:08 PM   #2  
Why not rip some cedar to match the ceiling and run it like crown molding. Or, rip some boards and paint them the same color as the walls.

KS

07-18-05, 06:29 AM   #3  
I think you can get huge crown molding to cover it. If not then you might have to take it down and re do.

Search this Thread