Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

What ceiling texture is this?

cthoms's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

08-13-05, 01:28 PM   #1  
What ceiling texture is this?

Please look at this picture and tell what ceiling texture it is. I need to repair a portion of it and want to buy the right stuff.



Sponsored Links
tightcoat's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,676

08-13-05, 02:37 PM   #2  
Looks like popcorn, AKA, cottage cheese, AKA, accoustic.
Come in three grades fine, medium and coarse, Can't tell which you have guessing medium. Comes in three kinds of aggregate:vermiculite, perlite or polystyrene.
I don't know if it can be successfully put on with a roller to match. Irt is usually sprayed.
Accoustic can be had in an aerosol can. I've used non aggregated types with pretty good success but have not tried accoustic. YOu can buy a can and try it. It might work then you are done otherwise you might have to spray (or roll?) the whole lid. This is not a big deal.

Good luck.

Search this Thread