Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Removing Drywall Closet

Visiting Guest

08-31-05, 05:44 AM   #1  
jesshass
Removing Drywall Closet

I am a first-time homeowner of an older (1900) house. I am wondering how to remove a drywall closet that was added. The closet is approximately 2 feet deep by 3 feet wide. I essentially need to remove two walls from the closet--The back of the closet is the main wall of the room and the left side wall is another wall that will remain in the room.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

08-31-05, 06:43 AM   #2  
First remove all the trim then take an utility knife and cut/score where the drywall intersects the plaster. After that it is just a matter of carefully pulling/prying everything loose. Hopefully after you have removed the 2 walls the damage to the plaster will be minimal. Any questions on repairing the plaster can be answered in the patching & plastering section under decorating.

08-31-05, 10:25 AM   #3  
While I really like the previous answer for careful, meticulous work.... I prefer a 9lb sledge and a crowbar....

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

08-31-05, 06:24 PM   #4  
Posted By: thezster I prefer a 9lb sledge and a crowbar....
How would you keep from destroying the 2 walls they wish to keep intack?

09-02-05, 12:28 PM   #5  
Posted By: marksr How would you keep from destroying the 2 walls they wish to keep intack?
Details, details.....

I should have read more closely..... But.... like I said...Your previous answer was great for meticulous accurate work.....

Search this Thread