Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

cost of having sheetrock job contracted out??

Old 10-16-05, 05:13 PM
chrisallen
Visiting Guest

Im trying to see if there is any general rule of thumb that you can go by as to getting a rough idea of what a sheetrock job should cost. This is just new installation, cost of sheetrock install/tape+spackle. Im going to be gutting out kitchen/dining room/hallway/porch. I dont want to have to do the sheetrock myself if it is not a whole lot of money to have someone else do. The time it takes me to do it, is probably 10x longer than what a pro would take(just did a laundy room that was 10 x 10 and it was a royal pain). If anyone has a rough estimate what I could expect to hear from contractors I would appreciate it(PER SHEET OR PER sq. FOOT WHATEVER), this way I will know before wasting any contractors time in coming out here. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-05, 09:19 PM
I generally charge around 1.50 per square foot.
That covers materials,hanging and finishing and point up. It could be more or less depending on various situations. It will also depend on where you live, some areas are alot cheaper some are more expensive.

Old 10-19-05, 12:18 PM
Baudman
Visiting Guest
My crew also charges differantly depending on variations such as vaulted ceilings and nooks and crannies that are harder to board. Don't be afraid to get more than one quote. And ask questions, if a contracter wants a job and he's good at what he does he won't mind answering your questions.

Old 10-25-05, 05:51 PM
grouper
Visiting Guest
add up material and double it, if a board cost 12 youll have to pay 24 to hang and finish ,or close to that . i charge 2.00 per sq ft and they buy materials , but im not a house hanger, i mostly do commercial work..or gulf front stuff.find some hangers and talk to them or go thru dw contractor a lil more expensive. but the work should guarnteed