Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

cost of having sheetrock job contracted out??

Visiting Guest

10-16-05, 05:13 PM   #1  
chrisallen
cost of having sheetrock job contracted out??

Im trying to see if there is any general rule of thumb that you can go by as to getting a rough idea of what a sheetrock job should cost. This is just new installation, cost of sheetrock install/tape+spackle. Im going to be gutting out kitchen/dining room/hallway/porch. I dont want to have to do the sheetrock myself if it is not a whole lot of money to have someone else do. The time it takes me to do it, is probably 10x longer than what a pro would take(just did a laundy room that was 10 x 10 and it was a royal pain). If anyone has a rough estimate what I could expect to hear from contractors I would appreciate it(PER SHEET OR PER sq. FOOT WHATEVER), this way I will know before wasting any contractors time in coming out here. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

VA

10-17-05, 09:19 PM   #2  
I generally charge around 1.50 per square foot.
That covers materials,hanging and finishing and point up. It could be more or less depending on various situations. It will also depend on where you live, some areas are alot cheaper some are more expensive.

Visiting Guest

10-19-05, 12:18 PM   #3  
Baudman
My crew also charges differantly depending on variations such as vaulted ceilings and nooks and crannies that are harder to board. Don't be afraid to get more than one quote. And ask questions, if a contracter wants a job and he's good at what he does he won't mind answering your questions.

Visiting Guest

10-25-05, 05:51 PM   #4  
grouper
add up material and double it, if a board cost 12 youll have to pay 24 to hang and finish ,or close to that . i charge 2.00 per sq ft and they buy materials , but im not a house hanger, i mostly do commercial work..or gulf front stuff.find some hangers and talk to them or go thru dw contractor a lil more expensive. but the work should guarnteed

Search this Thread