Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

How do you patch an interior wall made of plaster! Akk!!

Old 10-20-05, 12:00 PM
trinity082482
Visiting Guest

I have tile celings that are about to come down. There is some wiring that runs between the good celing and the tile celing. I need to open the wall and tuck in the wiring above the original celing so it doesnt show once the celing tile is gone.

Here is a poorly drawn picture to show what I am talking about:

I need to some how cut out the plaster wall ( my home is 120 years old ) and lift the wire above the original celing and repatch the missing plaster!

How do I do this without distroying my kitchen??

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-05, 12:52 PM
I have heard, but please check your local electrical code before doing this, that you can just notch out the plaster enough to bury the wire, and then cover it with plaster or drywall mud to restore the surface. I saw photos of this being done on a home restoration website. You should also have the plaster tested for asbestos, as some old plaster apparently did contain it.

Bruce

Originally Posted by trinity082482
I have tile celings that are about to come down. There is some wiring that runs between the good celing and the tile celing. I need to open the wall and tuck in the wiring above the original celing so it doesnt show once the celing tile is gone.

Here is a poorly drawn picture to show what I am talking about:

I need to some how cut out the plaster wall ( my home is 120 years old ) and lift the wire above the original celing and repatch the missing plaster!

How do I do this without distroying my kitchen??

Last edited by guest2; 10-20-05 at 12:55 PM. Reason: asbestos warning
Old 10-20-05, 08:08 PM
trinity082482
Visiting Guest
thank you!

Old 10-21-05, 06:20 PM
Talking

Glad it was helpful.

Here is the page I was thinking of (scroll partway down the entry for February 14, I think):

http://ourfixerupper.com/archives/2005/02/index.html

These people seem to know what they are doing.

Guest2 (signed in under my alias )