Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How do you patch an interior wall made of plaster! Akk!!

Visiting Guest

10-20-05, 12:00 PM   #1  
trinity082482
How do you patch an interior wall made of plaster! Akk!!

I have tile celings that are about to come down. There is some wiring that runs between the good celing and the tile celing. I need to open the wall and tuck in the wiring above the original celing so it doesnt show once the celing tile is gone.

Here is a poorly drawn picture to show what I am talking about:

I need to some how cut out the plaster wall ( my home is 120 years old ) and lift the wire above the original celing and repatch the missing plaster!

How do I do this without distroying my kitchen??

Sponsored Links

10-20-05, 12:52 PM   #2  
I have heard, but please check your local electrical code before doing this, that you can just notch out the plaster enough to bury the wire, and then cover it with plaster or drywall mud to restore the surface. I saw photos of this being done on a home restoration website. You should also have the plaster tested for asbestos, as some old plaster apparently did contain it.

Bruce

Posted By: trinity082482 I have tile celings that are about to come down. There is some wiring that runs between the good celing and the tile celing. I need to open the wall and tuck in the wiring above the original celing so it doesnt show once the celing tile is gone.

Here is a poorly drawn picture to show what I am talking about:

I need to some how cut out the plaster wall ( my home is 120 years old ) and lift the wire above the original celing and repatch the missing plaster!

How do I do this without distroying my kitchen??

Last edited by guest2; 10-20-05 at 12:55 PM. Reason: asbestos warning

Visiting Guest

10-20-05, 08:08 PM   #3  
trinity082482
thank you!

10-21-05, 06:20 PM   #4  
Glad it was helpful.

Here is the page I was thinking of (scroll partway down the entry for February 14, I think):

http://ourfixerupper.com/archives/2005/02/index.html

These people seem to know what they are doing.

Guest2 (signed in under my alias )

Search this Thread