dry wall mold

Old 11-03-05, 01:29 PM
ednawlins
Visiting Guest
dry wall mold

Hi I am here in La and I have mold with in my house. I am starting to learn all that I can about mold now.

There are inside the house wall that have mold on both side. If I take down
one side and then use a mold killing clearer on the inside of the other dry wall will this work. Or do I have to take both side of the wall done.

thanks
ED

Last edited by GregH; 11-03-05 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Remove email address. Not allowed in posts.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-05, 04:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums

What type of wall is it? If it is drywall you might be better off replacing it.
I assume you are reffering to cleaning the back side of the wall through the studs, you should be able to clean the back side ok but there may be some left on the unexposed side of the stud [and the corresponding strip of wall.]

Wish you luck with your storm clean up and a quick [as possible] return to a normal life.

Old 11-03-05, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
Any drywall that is mouldy must be removed.
The only things that can be cleaned are non-pourous surfaces.
As far as the framing goes if you are able to scrape the surface to reveal new wood then you may leave it but if the mold has penetrated to the interior you must remove the affected framing.
To cover up mold leaves it to reappear with only the slightest dampness and the dormant spores can cause reactions in some people.
Some with mould alergies may not be able to inhabit your house if you cover it up.

Mould removal info.
Texas State mould info.