Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page > Found full 16" insulation for steel studded walls!

Found full 16" insulation for steel studded walls!

Old 01-22-06, 08:11 PM
Thumbs up Found full 16" insulation for steel studded walls!

Especially To Mudslinger and others who helped. Thank you one more time for all your great suggestions.
I am delighted that after a lot of work, I finally found the proper size of insulation for the steel stud frames in my basement. Owens Corning does not appear to make it. However, CERTAINTEED does make fiberglass insulation that fits steel studs, in full 16" widths. Their website was extremely well-organized and helpful to a novice like myself.
Now I just have to locate a vendor in my area who can locate this insulation for me. I am so delighted that I found this size of insulation, as I was very unhappy using 15" , which does not really fit steel studded walls.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-06, 02:02 AM
Homebuddy,

Call a local building supply company in your area. They may be listed in commercial building products. Most commercial applications use steel studs, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Or, talk to your contractor, they should know. Another option is to stop at a house being built and ask the people building it where they get thier supplies.

Although you see a lot of builders in Home Depot, Lowes and the like, they also use more "commercial places" for supplies as well.

You could also call the insulation company and see who they deliver to in your area, although sometimes they are hard to find, and the builders may know who has the better prices, and or, who will sell to a non-business account. (usually everyone will, but a few won't)

Again, I hope this helps.

Search this Thread