Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

To Mudslinger:drywalling

01-31-06, 05:55 PM   #1  
To Mudslinger:drywalling

Mudslinger, you have been so helpfulrecently regarding finishing a basement.
What is your opinion of using a wet sponge on drywall, instead of sanding it?
My contractor wants to use this method, as it's just easier.
Will the results be satisfactory?
Will I regret this?
Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links

PA

02-01-06, 02:48 PM   #2  
Homebuddy,

I am glad that you find my information helpfull, and your confidence in what I contribute feels good; but please don't discount the others input as well. I think that many here have good advice, and there is always more than one way to "skin a cat". What works for me may not be the best for someone else.

I replied to your question on the other thread you posted, so I will let that one "ride" so we don't have parallel information.

Again, Many thanks,

MudSlinger

02-01-06, 06:53 PM   #3  
Reply - to Mudslinger

I have appreciated all the helpful advice from this forum throughout this basement finishing process, as well as your helpful advice Mudslinger. One thing I have definitely learned -from you - is that indeed there is more than one way "to skin a cat"! I have tried to take what I could from the forum, and somehow put it all together to make sense of the building process, rather than just relying on my contractor to do it. I like to understand what's being done, and why. (And maybe, just maybe, my contractor even learned something from me and my questioning.) The dominant theme I have absorbed I guess is that there is more than one way to do things, each with its own merit perhaps, depending on the situation. Tomorrow the "mud" goes on the drywall! So, like I said before, I thank you kindly - as well as the others who have replied to my queries. Sorry to be so long-winded!

Search this Thread