Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

taping knife w/ rounded corners

03-06-06, 04:04 PM   #1  
taping knife w/ rounded corners

Hello, anyone knows where I can find online a taping/finishing knife with rounded corners for drywall finishing? I got crazy looking for it everywhere on the web, seems that not even the major suppliers, eBay etc. have one, they exclusively sell models with square corners. Any help? Thank you.

Sponsored Links

03-06-06, 07:51 PM   #2  
Because when the corners get round, they are floor scrapers, not drywall knives.

VA

03-06-06, 09:18 PM   #3  
They get slighty rounded after alot of use. Personally I hate new knives, it takes a few weeks to break them in.

03-06-06, 10:08 PM   #4  
hit the corners a couple times with a file to knock them down. Not too much, but just enough to round off the corner a bit.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

03-07-06, 06:32 AM   #5  
scoobyabc

Are you wanting a regular knife but with the sharp corner edge removed? If so sanding or filing as previously suggested will work.

Or are you wanting a flexable rounded paddle like knife used to create a curved inside corner often used on ceiling 'off' angles? These can be found at a drywall supply house.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

03-07-06, 03:30 PM   #6  
Thank you so much guys, you have been very helpful!
Bye

Search this Thread