Very Ugly Wallboard in bathroom

Old 03-12-06, 09:04 AM
buggygrama
Visiting Guest
Very Ugly Wallboard in bathroom

I am in need of assistance. we have an older Mobile Home, and the wall board in the guest bathroom is very ugly, I tried wallpaper, primed the wall first and it still fell off. I am in the process of removing all of the wallpaper and would like to know what I need to do to paint it. I am thinking of doing a faux finish so that it will hide where the seams were.
Can any one PLEASE !!!!!!!!! help me ASAP.
Another thought is can you still purchase wall board if I can't paint over the old.

Thank you :

Old 03-12-06, 09:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 403 Votes on 359 Posts
I haven't looked in a long time but I believe you can still get that type of wallboard most places where paneling is sold.

What type of primer did you use on the walls? Is the primer coming off as well? Usually if they are clean and primed with a solvent based primer [oil or shelllac] they will paint well.

Old 03-14-06, 11:47 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
painting wallboard

before you primer and paint your wallboard make sure you clean it well with a product such as tsp (tri-sodium phosphate) or sand it so the primer will bond properly. use a high quality primer such as kilz or bin. make sure to use a high quality paint for durability and quality results (behr or benjamin moore,etc.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: