Drywall "vacum pole sander" ???

Old 04-06-06, 08:10 AM
Marny
Visiting Guest
Question Drywall "vacum pole sander" ???

HELP! I found the "Dust Dog" dust free pole vacum kit from Hyde on the web & the company says that Home Depot carries it; but, all 3 HD's in my area have never heard of it! I also tried Lowe's & Ace - no luck. Does anyone know where I can find this item?
http://www.hydetools.com/dustdog.htm
This kit contains the vacum sanding head, 6' sanding hose, 2 hose adapters, 1 pole connector & drywall screen. Even another brand will do IF it is the basic same product. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-06, 06:28 PM
I know that the HD around me carries something like it. Did you talk to the drywall department?

Old 04-06-06, 06:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not sure which brand mine is, but it came from HD. It has a 3 gallon bucket with a lid which contains water, a hose inlet and outlet and the hoses and sander head. I hook up my 20 gallon shop vac to it and sand away. Great little device. Just a pain to carry all that junk around for small jobs.
Just looked on my HD site. It is called Sand & Clean Dustless sanding system SKU 385-751. Run that past your HD "pros"

Old 04-08-06, 04:56 AM
Marny
Visiting Guest
Thanks - I did find the sand & clean at HD, but like you said - a lot to drag around, etc. 'specially with the water bucket & all! If you look at the link I posted you'll see how "simple & compact" that unit seems to be. I even called Hyde Tools & they said HD carried it - funny my 3 local stores have never heard of it! Think I'll just stick with the plain pole sander & put up with the dust!

Old 04-08-06, 11:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Although dry sanding does a better job you can wet sand to eliminate dust. Basically you use a wet sponge to soften the j/c and smear it smooth. They have a sponge w/handle [similiar looking to tile grout float] that works well. This is what I usually use in occupied homes.