Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Safe scaffolding?

04-08-06, 08:21 AM   #1  
Safe scaffolding?

Hello!

I am in the process of repainting interior walls of my house.Most of my walls are 8-9' and some are 21'.
Can somebody please recommend a safe foldable scaffold ? Easy to use and fold ,SAFE and possibly tall for different hight areas in my house.

thank you very much,

Lana B.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NE

04-08-06, 10:34 AM   #2  
Many painters use a small rolling scaffold. Others set up 2 step ladders and a plank. Some just climb a ladder, climb down, move the ladder, and climb back up again. For painting, the rolling scaffold works better because you're moving so much- as when you cut the edge along the ceiling.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

04-08-06, 11:14 AM   #3  
On the 9' walls a 6' step ladder would be the best way to go. On 20' walls I usually use an extension ladder [have someone hold it if set on hardwood or tile]

I wouldn't recomend scaffolding for repainting interiors. You can buy narrow scaffolding but they can only go up [safely] about 10' Regular scaffolding [can be rented,wheels too] can go as high as needed but is a lot wider, would be hard to maunever and would need to be disasembled before moving to the next room.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

04-12-06, 08:39 AM   #4  
I repainted our 2 story entryway. Rented 2 level scaffolding which put the upper level at about 12 ft. I have absolutely no problems with heights, but I spent most of my time on hands and knees while on it . Next time will just use an extension ladder and keep moving it.

Search this Thread