Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cutting Ceiling Tile to fit odd angled room

07-01-06, 10:06 AM   #1  
Cutting Ceiling Tile to fit odd angled room

I have a 13x11 room that has an angled 'bow-window' for lack of a better term. It is actually 2 small windows which border a larger central window. This area sits out over the first floor roof. My question is this: I am installing ceiling tiles using a direct adhesive to the ceiling and I have come to this rather odd angled window situation; the area where the ceiling is not square and meets the shape/angle of the windows. What is the easiest way to map out and cut the tiles to match the small angled areas on the ceiling.

I am totally remodeling the bedroom and this is my first big DIY project and I need some help!!!!

Thanks Jason

Sponsored Links

TN

07-01-06, 11:42 AM   #2  
Ceiling tiles

Could you please post a picture of what you have done and where you want to go. Thanks.

OH

07-01-06, 11:47 AM   #3  
You could make a template from cardboard or heavy paper, then transfer it to the tile.

You're gluing acousticle ceiling tiles to your ceiling ? How are you handling the seams ?

Search this Thread