Suspended ceiling and bulkhead

Old 09-23-06, 06:01 AM
Suspended ceiling and bulkhead

I’m preparing to install some walls and suspended ceiling in our basement. One question is how to deal with a sewer clean out pipe around the top of the basement wall. This pipe is close to the wall,, ie about 7 inches from the wall and about 7 feet high. I’ll need to build some kind of bulkhead around it, but I want to be able to remove it should I ever have a plumbing problem ( ie not drywall). I wondering, can I use the suspended ceiling tile to go vertical. for the approx 1 foot section This idea would then have the ceiling tile come from the wall for the 1 foot or so horizontal, then go up the width of the other pipe, then continue horizontal at the 8 foot height point.

Here's the conceptdrawing below, Can the "-" and the "!" be made of suspended ceiling tile ? If so how, any tips ?

drain !---------
Pipe !
-----!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-06, 06:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes, all you will have to do is use a main tee at the point you want the tile to go vertical, both on the top and bottom. I usually install the vertical tiles by using a daub of hot glue on top and bottom to hold them in place. Of course vertical tees will be used between the tiles.