Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

types of cornerbead?? whats difference?

12-15-06, 03:15 AM   #1  
types of cornerbead?? whats difference?

i saw in 2 different shops today some of them metal corner beads but the bends in them are different, they are like stair shaped in one and just aplain 90 degree bend in the other.
anyone tell me what the difference is?? diagram of it is below, these diagrams are almost to scale as well.
http://www.agolfa.com.au/cornerbead.jpg

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

12-15-06, 05:10 AM   #2  
I'm not familiar with diagram #1, #2 is the most commonly used corner bead. There are several different specialty metal beads for different uses [round corners, bullnose,etc] For standard applications you would use the one in diagram #2

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

12-20-06, 04:24 AM   #3  
In reality, the standard corner bead has a bulbous center edge rather than a perfect 90 degree bend. This causes you to install the proper amount of compound to cover the angle and nails while tapering it nicely to the wall by using the edge as a guide for your taping knife.
The product you mentioned that was cut into sections is for archways, etc, where you want to finish the corners of a non-flat surface.

Search this Thread