Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Drywall Quote...

01-04-07, 06:57 PM   #1  
Drywall Quote...

I am remodeling a modest size room in our basement (14 ft x 12 ft). I have finished the framing, electrical and insulation. It is now time to hang rock and tape etc. Also, I am not planning on rocking the ceiling, we are just going to leave the joists open and spray it a flat color.

What is the going rate for a job like this typically? I would like to find out so I know what to expect when getting quotes.

Sponsored Links

OH

01-04-07, 07:01 PM   #2  
Labor tends to vary from area to area and among installers. Shop around. If you know anyone who has recently built a new home or remodeled, they will likely be the best source in your area. You can also ask at the local building supply, as they seem to know most of the regulars in the business. If you see a house under construction, stop and ask. You certainly want at least three bids.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

01-05-07, 05:59 AM   #3  
Most larger jobs are priced either by the sq ft. or by the # of boards. As 12pole stated, prices will vary [sometimes a lot] in different locations. Small jobs are generally priced by the job = higher price - because of the # of trips involved and not being able to work or stay busy at that location all day.

If the hanging and finishing is done by the same person[s] the job should be able to be done in 2-3 days. Hanging and tape and bed the first day, using hot mud on the 2nd coat allows for final finishing that evening. Texture would add anither trip.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

01-05-07, 01:23 PM   #4  
Thanks guys. My friend, who did the electrical, has a brother that does this so I will probably call him first. I guess he is real low on work too so even better. =)

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

01-05-07, 03:06 PM   #5  
Don't take this as an indicator, since prices vary so much, but in our area it runs about $50 per 12' sheet finished. Sounds like alot, but there's alot of work to do with sheetrock that most people don't realize. Good luck with your rock work.

01-05-07, 04:19 PM   #6  
Posted By: chandler Don't take this as an indicator, since prices vary so much, but in our area it runs about $50 per 12' sheet finished. Sounds like alot, but there's alot of work to do with sheetrock that most people don't realize. Good luck with your rock work.
That sounds fair to me. I was thinking $200-300 for this room to be hung and textured. There's really not that much, especially since we are going to spray the ceiling/joists.

Search this Thread