Sheetrock alternative

Old 01-08-07, 07:18 AM
Sheetrock alternative

I have a one wall in my basement that has cracks and a some seepage. I am in the process of fixing the moisture problem now....but I would like to finish this one wall with something other than sheetrock that can be removed a little easier than sheetrock. The rest of the basement is rocked. Wainscoting? They don't make a 7' wainscoting, do they? Any ideas on what to use to cover this wall that will blend well with the sheetrock?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-07, 09:02 AM
Sheetrock alternative

Do you want it to be easer to remove because you are not sure of your wall repairs for moisture?

Dick

Old 01-08-07, 09:28 AM
HA HA, yeah I guess that would be the reason. That wall has several cracks. The wall is 95% below grade and 30 feet long. The drainage problems were never addressed and oversaturation has caused the middle of the wall to bow in creating numerous cracks on either side. I am excavating outside and am fixing the cracks there, then plan to fill with 1" clean. I am unsure if the bowing is done and if the steps I am taking will deter any further cracking....and leaking.

Old 01-08-07, 10:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Since your excavating be sure to install drain tile and gravel at the base of the foundation. This should always be done to route the water away from the foundation.

You can get 3/8" bead board plywood [4x8] at home depot, not sure if lowes carries it. I suppose you could screw it in place for easy removal.