inside ceiling repair questions

Old 01-14-07, 06:24 PM
Question inside ceiling repair questions

I have a 1989 Sunshine single wide with an aluminum roof. Due to the ice and snow and other crappy weather, and my neighbor's tree, the inside of my ceiling in my bedroom is now leaking. I know that I can't do anything to fix the roof until it's dry and warm except put a tarp on my roof, but do you have any idea how to make the hole and stain on the inside go away? I read a thread that mentioned "henry's" but I have no idea what that is. Thanks!!

Last edited by nikki_ann_69; 01-14-07 at 06:27 PM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-07, 03:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums

Unfortunatetly I don't know what 'henry's' is either How big is the hole?

The stain can be sealed with pigmented shellac, available at most paint stores - Zinnsers BIN is one brand. Once dry it can be painted with your choice of latex paint.

Old 01-20-07, 02:06 PM
Henry

Hi, "Henry" is a brand name of a roofing stop leak cement product. i found a gallon of it in my shed from a couple years ago. It has "Ace hardware" price tag...so that would have been the place of purchase. I re-read the can and it emphasizes that it can be applied regardless of temperature and can also be applied on wet exterior surfaces. It is an exterior, rubber & oil based product. Less than $20. for the gallon can. I Hope this helped.

Old 01-20-07, 03:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by Bernard_01 View Post
"Henry" is a brand name of a roofing stop leak cement product. It is an exterior, rubber & oil based product.
While this product may work for nikki_ann's roof leak, it defenitely isn't a product to repair the ceiling with - if I understood her question correctly.