Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

UltraFlex 450/No-coat

MD

01-19-07, 09:12 AM   #1  
UltraFlex 450/No-coat

Anybody ever use this? Anygood? Does it provide a very strong straight corner?

http://www.no-coat.com

I need to reenforce some inside non-90 angles that are outside walls, framed with 2x3 metal studs. Wanted to use trim-tex adjustable inside vinyl cornerbead, but it is not available locally in small quantities, so local supplier recommended this stuff.

Does the plastic get set into the mud on an inside corner?

Thanks,
BB

Sponsored Links

MD

01-19-07, 01:38 PM   #2  
Just picked a 100' box of Ultraflex. It has the better instructions than the website.

Any opinions??

KS

01-20-07, 10:05 AM   #3  
Its the only way to go for non 90 angles. I fill up the corner with all purpose mud. I mean really fill it up. then set the no coat and get it nice and straight. then wipe it down. Let totally set up. the only thing about it is that you cant just coat the edges. I always have to do 2 full fill coats. No wall is that straight.

MD

01-20-07, 02:21 PM   #4  
Thanks for the reply. Just used it, came out AWESOME! I put on ALOT of mud, inserted the folded no-coat, used a wallpaper seam roller to flatten, and a 6" knife to clean/wipe. Came out really ice and straight. I was planning on finishing with more mud/coats than no-coat suggests, thanks for the confirmation on that.

BB

01-21-07, 09:42 AM   #5  
folding

I have over 30 years experience and when using no-coat or straight flex it is always best to fold the crease then unfold before placing upon the angle.
It has a tendency to return to it's original form at time of placement. If you have a stiff crease it will want to come back to the folded position pulling away from wall. And yes, always give it at least 2 coats.

Search this Thread