Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Walls and Ceilings
Reload this Page >

USG first coat primer over textured walls?

Old 01-28-07, 05:43 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Couple questions here. I bought a couple gallons of usg first coat primer last week, and this weekend I had a guy texture the new rocked walls orangepeel. I was not planning on having any texture sprayed on and was going to use the first coat, as it is supposed to minimize any surface flaws. My question, can I still use the first coat primer on the newly textured walls without drastically affecting the look of the orangepeel, or doesn't it make that much of a difference? I can easily return the USG product for some other type of primer, if you folks know of a better primer for fresh drywall?

Also, one of the walls was previously painted, can the first coat be applied to this? The instructions really don't go into detail on that.
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I'm sure someone will guide me in the right direction if its not!
Thanks for the help.
Jason

Old 01-29-07, 05:03 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
USG first coat and similiar hi build primers are intended to be sprayed on slick finish drywall. It can be thinned and used as regular drywall primer but there are better primers available for texture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: