Old 05-10-07, 06:47 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

This looks to be the right category.
I live in an apartment, with thin walls.
I am always playing music and being loud. My parents are always telling me to turn my music down. And now that I bought a new tv I plan on being a bit louder, so I want to soundproof my walls and door.

I can't remodel my room and walls, so I am looking for a curtain, or padding that easily attaches to walls. And I found a guide for putting a rubber door stop under the door, to prevent leaking noise.

Where can I buy a soundproof curtain or padding or something that will help.


Last edited by Annette; 05-11-07 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-11-07, 07:15 AM
Annette's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,155
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you won't have much luck with just curtains. you might try adhering cork tiles to the walls (and door if it's hollow) with little velcro squares in each corner. if you have hardwood floors, get a room size area rug or piece of carpet. but it's really more about the vibration & thumping that your stereo/tv is producing than "leaking noise". if your parents have already been telling you to turn it down, and now you PLAN to become louder, you're just in for more battles. consider getting some headphones then everyone (including the people living above, below & on the other side of you) will be happy.
Old 05-12-07, 05:21 PM
HotxxxxxxxOKC's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 8,034
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My friends were in bands when I was younger, and they had egg cartons all over the walls. This seemed to work real well.

It may not look pretty, but it sure did work.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: