Soundproofing.

Old 05-10-07, 06:47 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Soundproofing.

This looks to be the right category.
I live in an apartment, with thin walls.
I am always playing music and being loud. My parents are always telling me to turn my music down. And now that I bought a new tv I plan on being a bit louder, so I want to soundproof my walls and door.

I can't remodel my room and walls, so I am looking for a curtain, or padding that easily attaches to walls. And I found a guide for putting a rubber door stop under the door, to prevent leaking noise.

http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/soundproofing_doors.htm

Where can I buy a soundproof curtain or padding or something that will help.

Thanks

Last edited by Annette; 05-11-07 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-11-07, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
you won't have much luck with just curtains. you might try adhering cork tiles to the walls (and door if it's hollow) with little velcro squares in each corner. if you have hardwood floors, get a room size area rug or piece of carpet. but it's really more about the vibration & thumping that your stereo/tv is producing than "leaking noise". if your parents have already been telling you to turn it down, and now you PLAN to become louder, you're just in for more battles. consider getting some headphones then everyone (including the people living above, below & on the other side of you) will be happy.

Old 05-12-07, 05:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
My friends were in bands when I was younger, and they had egg cartons all over the walls. This seemed to work real well.

It may not look pretty, but it sure did work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: