Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

mold on wallboard

05-15-07, 08:03 PM   #1  
mold on wallboard

I have found mold growth on some wallboard beneath my dishwasher...I'm guessing less than 2 sq. ft total area. One time a small spray of water from my dishwasher got to the base of the wallboard. In my frustration of dealing with the dishwasher, I failed to pay attention to REALLY drying the water that got to the wallboard. The dishwasher problem is fixed, but I have a couple of questions...

Will the mold continue to grow if no moisture/water comes in contact with it in the future?

If I decide to clean it/remove it, will I be stirring up a bigger mess of spores/mold than the mold on the wallboard itself and possibly cause more problems than having left it alone?

If I were to clean it, what method is suggested? Since it's behind the dishwasher, I don't care what it looks like.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

05-16-07, 05:05 AM   #2  
Welcome to the forums

While there is a chance the mold won't grow I wouldn't take the chance. With a little luck you can wash off the mold with a bleach water solution, paint when dry.

Worst case senario would be to cut out and replace the moldy drywall .

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Group Moderator

WI

05-16-07, 05:29 AM   #3  
I agree with Mark - either clean this or remove it, don't leave it.

Search this Thread