mold on wallboard

Reply

  #1  
Old 05-15-07, 08:03 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4
Question mold on wallboard

I have found mold growth on some wallboard beneath my dishwasher...I'm guessing less than 2 sq. ft total area. One time a small spray of water from my dishwasher got to the base of the wallboard. In my frustration of dealing with the dishwasher, I failed to pay attention to REALLY drying the water that got to the wallboard. The dishwasher problem is fixed, but I have a couple of questions...

Will the mold continue to grow if no moisture/water comes in contact with it in the future?

If I decide to clean it/remove it, will I be stirring up a bigger mess of spores/mold than the mold on the wallboard itself and possibly cause more problems than having left it alone?

If I were to clean it, what method is suggested? Since it's behind the dishwasher, I don't care what it looks like.

Thanks for your help.
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-16-07, 05:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,792
Welcome to the forums

While there is a chance the mold won't grow I wouldn't take the chance. With a little luck you can wash off the mold with a bleach water solution, paint when dry.

Worst case senario would be to cut out and replace the moldy drywall .
 
  #3  
Old 05-16-07, 05:29 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 18,649
I agree with Mark - either clean this or remove it, don't leave it.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes